Feb. 20, 2009 - Soeren Sonnenburg - email@example.com
SHOGUN Release version 0.7.0 (libshogun 0.0,
data 0.0, parameter 0.0)
This release contains major feature enhancements and bugfixes:
- Implement DotFeatures and CombinedDotFeatures. DotFeatures need to provide dot-product and similar operations (hence the name). This enables training of linear methods with mixed datatypes (sparse and dense and other even the newly implemented string based SpecFeatures and WDFeatures).
- MKL now does not require CPLEX any longer.
- Add q-norm MKL support based on internal Newton implementation.
- Add 1-norm MKL support based on GLPK.
- Add multiclass MKL support based on the GLPK and the GMNP svm solver.
- Implement Tensor Product Pair Kernel (TPPK).
- Support compilation on the iPhone :)
- Add an option to set wds kernel position weights.
- Build static libshogun.a for libshogun target.
- Testsuite can also test the modular R interface, added test for OligoKernel.
- Ocas and WDOcas can be used with a bias feature now.
- Update to LibSVM 2.88.
- Enable parallelized HMM code by default.
Cleanup and API Changes:
- Shogun has been split up into libshogun and the static and modular interfaces linking to it.
- Static interfaces now do proper reference counting.
- Remove SparseLinearClassifier: LinearClassifier is a drop-in replacement.
- WDOcas and SVMOcas now have the bias term enabled by default.
- Fix regression for COMM* kernels (normalization argument was ignored).
- Use C99 variadic macros, instead of gcc's own variant.
- Disable lp_solve, it is not required as we are using GLPK now.
- Fix HMM training.