Dec. 1, 2011 - Soeren Sonnenburg - email@example.com
SHOGUN Release version 1.1.0 (libshogun 11.0,
data 0.3, parameter 0)
This release contains several enhancements, cleanups and bugfixes:
- New dimensionality reduction algorithms: Diffusion Maps, Kernel Locally Linear Embedding, Kernel Local Tangent Space Alignment, Linear Local Tangent Space Alignment, Neighborhood Preserving embedding, Locality Preserving Projections.
- Various performance improvements for dimensionality reduction methods (BLAS, alignment formulation of the LLE, ..)
- Automatical k determination mode for Locally Linear Embedding dimension reduction method based on reconstruction error.
- ARPACK and SUPERLU integration.
- Introduce the concept of Converters that can embed (arbitrary) feature types into different feature types.
- LibSVM is now pthread-parallelized.
- Create modshogun.dll for csharp.
- Various new c# examples (thanks Daniel Korn and Ori Cohen).
- Dimensionality reduction examples application is introduced
- Octave_static and octave_modular examples fix.
- Memory leak in custom kernel is now eliminated (thanks Madeleine Seeland for reporting).
- Fix for linear machine set_w method (thanks Brian Cheung for reporting).
- DotFeatures fix for assert bug.
- FibonacciHeap memory leak fix.
- Fix for Java modular interface typemapping bug.
- Fix errors uncovered by LLVM / clang++.
- Fix for configure on Darwin-x86_64 (thanks Peter Romov for patch).
- Improve lua / ruby detection.
- Fix configure / compilation under osx and cygwin for variuos interfaces.
Cleanup and API Changes:
- Most of the inline functions have been (re)moved to the corresponding .cpp file
- Libshogun is now being compiled with sse support for math (if available) but interfaces are now being compiled with -O0 key which drastically reduces compilation time